So Ive done it now gone back to work! wasnt as sad as i though it may be, in fact felt like normal heading towards the hospital im based at! Although was extremely rusty when going back and the fact i was working with peads instead of adults was a little daunting! I have loved being back at work, Ive had plenty of cups of tea and even an hour lunch break! what luxury!
Also knowing Ami was being looked after was great, my sister, mum and husband have done a great job so far! I also have more energy must be my brain ticking over again and realising I love nursing and missed it! I even got let home early to put Ami to bed she was upset and cheered right up when she saw me! That was nice its usually the other way round when my husband returns from work! Im currently working long days 7:30 to 8:30 13 hours miss the children days!
Heres some tips for going back to work
1) be comfortable with your childcare, there is nothing worse than knowing your child is upset or not being looked after how you want! I have been there in the past with dodgy childminders and its so much better when you know they are looked after well!
2) Dont push your self! A year of after having a baby is tough on your brain! Well it is in an environment where policies are always changing!
3) Dont worry about calling to find out how they are doing, if its every hour dont worry it will take a load of your chest! I called alot just to find out how Ami was doing I had never left her for that long before!
4) Enjoy the breaks! Dont feel guilty about having a break enjoy it whilst you have peace!
5) Remember soon a day of where you and your child will enjoy each others company! Its nice to be apart makes you appreciate each other more when home!
I love to hear from you so please comment!
And if you If you like this blog then don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you never miss an update. .......}